Boost Your On-Line Holiday Sales
Happy Holidays, from Golden State Communications! Like some of our clients, you might also have an eCommerce website. The holidays are a great time to get sales from those last minute shoppers. We know you’re one of them too; waiting until Christmas Eve to get belated Christmas gifts for that last friend or family member on your list. And our last minute gift to you are some tips on how to boost your holiday web sales from your eCommerce website!
- Turn the lights on. Update your site – your website shouldn’t continue to advertise summer sales in the middle of December. Get those best sellers out on the homepage, and highlight any holiday specials. Let your customers know you’re still open for business!
- Decorate the tree. Add the “holiday spirit” to your website by doing something as simple as revamping the logo just for the holiday season, or adding a Christmas banner on the top of your website. But beware – too many holiday elements runs the risk of coming off too blatant or tacky. Find a healthy balance by adding either a holiday icon set or a themed logo, but not both. By the way – no one wants to see a mass of snowflakes floating around their browser window.
- Send out invitations. Get old customers to return by sending out seasonally themed newsletters. As we start buying gifts and checking people off our lists, there’s always someone who’s just impossible to shop for. A tastefully designed promotional email in a customer’s inbox can be the perfect reminder that your store may have just the gift they’ve been looking for.
- Drop some hints. Use the power of suggestion – make it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for with cleverly phrased promotions and call to actions like “Gifts for Kids” or “Get him something special this year.” Try a “Great Gift Ideas” list on your homepage to get your customers exactly where you want them to be.
- Spell it out. Delivery times are at the top of every e-shopper’s concerns. Ease their qualms by displaying information about shipping times, order cut-off dates for holiday delivery, and express shipping options in a conspicuous place.
- Bundle Up! Combine your best sellers into a “gift set” that shoppers can add to their carts with one click. Package them together in an attractive gift box or basket.
- Prepare in advance. Get your shop SEO’d early. It can take a month or more for major search engines to index your shop. Some top keywords for the holidays are: gift, gift idea, unique gift, Christmas gift, holiday gift, baby git, gift for him, gift for her…
- Keep it simple. I don’t know about you, but I’m the kind of person that loves to get gift cards and cash for Christmas. Not only that, but I’m the kind of shopper that likes to give out gift cards as much as I like to receive them! Offer gift certificates for the shopper that isn’t sure what to buy, or who needs a last-minute gift.
- Go global. Remember that the holiday season doesn’t just consist of Christmas. Spend some real estate on your website by catering towards shoppers that celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanza. Branching out can get you customers that your competitors didn’t!
- Throw in some gifts of your own. The reason why some people prefer shopping online as opposed to going to the mall is because it’s easy and they don’t have to get out of their seats. Make it even easier for them by offering free gift wrapping or free wrapping or shipping with purchases over a certain amount.
These are just a few ways you can generate more sales this season, and even though it may be a little too late in the game to use some of these tips today, you’ll always have next year and the year after that! Of course, it helps a lot to have an eCommerce solution for your website that’s easy for you to use and manage. Golden State Communication’s weapon of choice is ASPDotNetStoreFront! Take a look at our eCommerce portfolio to see all of our great storefront sites.